Wouldn’t it be awesome if there were services out there to help keep your social media platforms fresh with content — without gluing you to your computer for 12 hours a day?
Internet Marketing is all about relationships, but sometimes you need just a little bit of help. The solution lies in the very nature of the internet. Simply put, the Internet is full of content ready to be curated for your audience. Today, I’m here to introduce you to five amazing content curation services.
1. Twitterfeed: Twitterfeed will auto post to your social networks for you using RSS feeds from sources you select. Content is posted to your accounts as it becomes available throughout the day. The automated aspect is nice as it keeps your content fresh, but I have had a hard time finding the perfect balance so as not to appear “spammy,” so I keep adjusting my settings. Pro tip: Be sure to click on “Advanced Settings” for each feed you create and turn on “Title Only.” Trust me on this one.
2. Pulse: Pulse is awesome. For years, I struggled with what to post on LinkedIn. As an introvert, I would think “What do these business leaders possibly want to hear from me?” Pulse helped me find my niche: technology. Once you create your account, you select categories you want to share from. It was here the lightbulb went off, and using Pulse as my guide I finally figured out what I wanted to say on LinkedIn.
3. Facebook Paper: Paper is a beautiful app, attempting to emulate how Pulse works for LinkedIn. It’s missing the core functionality to share to other social networks, but if your brand relies primarily on Facebook then this is the app for you.
4. Klout: I stopped using Klout about a year ago. Today, I revisited it and was pleasantly surprised. The ability to schedule posts is awesome. It has Analytics built in and, as with Pulse, you select categories to discover relevant articles to share. Plus, in a very “Hubspotty way”, it’ll even tell you the best times to schedule your posts.
5. Paper.li: I saved my favorite for last. If your brand is not using Paper.li, you need to sign up right now. Launched in 2010, Paper.li is an amazing resource to curate content from others and help you to become a thought-leader in your industry. Paper.li aggregates stories from across the web based on your sources into an easy to read e-newsletter and e-newspaper. Papers can be published daily, twice daily or weekly. With widget space you can embed websites, videos, and even include inbound-optimized calls to action. The customization options are incredible (one of our clients uses their paper as their only website). Highly recommended.
While using these five tools is great, the most important thing to remember is social media is all about relationships. None of these resources should be looked at as a replacement for fan interaction or creating original content. Rather, these are ingredients to your overall marketing strategy. When you partner with NOW Marketing Group, we’ll create top-tier original content for your brand — while integrating insight from across the web. Download our guide to hiring an inbound agency and learn more about what we can do for your company.