Here at NOW Marketing Group, we’re all about doing what’s right, not what’s easy.
We believe that culture starts from the inside out. We believe that everyone has a story worth telling. We believe that what you put out, you get back.
At the core of our WHY, is heart. We do what we do (help grow brands, tell their story and elevate their message) because we have a passion for it.
What we do isn’t unique, how we do it and the heart and soul we put into our everyday, however… is. We believe everyone has something they are passionate about, that “thing” that moves them to action.
Every single person has the ability to make a difference every single day; not just through the work that we do, but in the way that we live our lives.
Living with purpose and letting a heart-centered path guide you, we all have the ability to create genuine, authentic relationships. And that’s what we’re all about: relationship-building.
We know that making a difference can come in so many different forms. For instance, investing in employee development can make an enormous difference in your company culture and their individual growth. Going out of your way for your partners, and always doing the right thing for them even when it’s hard, is a great way to impact your working relationship and create and build trust. Celebrating your team's wins, remembering details from personal conversations with your crew, grabbing an unexpected coffee for the receptionist who NEVER forgets to compliment your shoes when you've got a new pair on... We really could go on and on.
We’ve put our heads together as a team to share some of our favorite ways to make someone's day brighter.
Here are our seven favorites:
- Volunteering: Giving your time to an organization that you care about is a great way to make a difference in your local community. While it might be hard to do right now, due to the pandemic, it’s worth reaching out! Even just calling an organization and letting them know that you support their mission is enough to make a difference, because there’s a human on the other end of that phone! Imagine how nice it would be to find out that someone cares enough to want to contribute their time to help.
- Gift Card donations: Donating gift cards to a church or area non-profit as something that this organization can gift to their members. Think of how exciting it would be for the company to receive these donations knowing that they’re able to pass them along to people in their community as a way to spread joy.
- Hand-written cards: Remember pen pals... yea, that was fun. With the world being so technologically-driven, there seems to be this feeling that letter-writing is a lost art. Well, let’s bring it back! Bust out the old stationary, or pick up a greeting card from a local shop, and actually take the time to hand write a note to a friend or family member. We guarantee it will make their day when they get it in the mail. (Bonus points for those who want to go the extra mile and send someone flowers!)
- Voice Memos: Okay, so maybe you don’t have time to do the whole hand-written note thing. We get it. You’re busy. We’ve got another idea for you: voice memos. (If you’ve got an iPhone, you can send voice memos via iMessage.) Voice memos are such a great way to infuse heart and humanity into your communication because the recipient can hear your inflections and tone. Not only do you come across more authentically, but it’s a lot quicker than typing! It makes for the perfect way to check-in with friends and family and see how they’re doing.
- Company drives: A company donation drive, doesn't have to be seasonal. While some are definitely tied to the holiday season, food pantries need canned goods and fresh produce year-round. Whether you’re donating toys, clothing, food, hats/gloves, school supplies (for students AND teachers)… every season is the season for giving. There are so many various organizations that are in need of canned goods and/or clothing, so why not use today as a day to clean out that cupboard or closet and help others at the same time?! (Just check those expiration dates when cleaning the dusty depths of that cupboard... ;) )
- Pay for someone’s coffee: Imagine this: you sleepily pull into the Dunkin Donuts drive-through, eagerly awaiting the rush of caffeine to hit your bloodstream. You order your regular half-caff latte, pull up to the window and the cashier tells you that it’s already been paid for by the person in front of you. Just imagine the smile that would spread across your face. We feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. There’s something so sweet about paying it forward to a stranger, don’t you think?
- Social Media Shoutouts: Sending some LOVE to your #GoodVibeTribe is another excellent way to make a difference and create a sense of community. Whether it’s people that you admire, or friends and family, giving someone a shoutout online is a nice way to spread some love! Don't forget those in our social media circles who have small businesses - a share, review, recommendation, like and/or conversation starter about their business can help give them a business boost! (Who doesn’t love a good social media shoutout?)
Some other fun and creative ideas that we came up with:
- Participating in a community clean-up day
- Mowing/trimming a neighbor’s yard
- Buying a pre-loaded gift card to leave at a restaurant to buy lunch for those who come in after you
It doesn’t matter HOW you make a difference. What matters is the heart that you put into it. The thought. The effort.
We believe that small actions of paying it forward help to create a ripple effect of joy and loving kindness in the world.
2020 has been a rocky year for so many. Let’s be part of the #GoodVibeTribe that takes meaningful action to help end it on as sweet a note as possible.
What are some ideas you have to make a difference in someone’s day? Do you have any ideas to add to the list?
Let us know in the comments below!