YouTube is an online public video hosting service, located at www.youtube.com. The site allows for registered users to upload and make available videos for public viewing. Anyone who goes to the site can view videos that are posted, which range from beginning amateur to professional quality.
...was designed, then released in 2005, by three previous employees of the PayPal online payment service: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. The domain name www.youtube.com was activated on February 14, 2005, and the website was developed over the subsequent months.
The first YouTube video was entitled Me at the zoo, and shows founder Karim at the San Diego Zoo. The video was uploaded on April 23, 2005, and can still be viewed on the site. After the first launch of YouTube the public, simply by word of mouth, heard about this great site and started joining in.
The site grew rapidly and, in July 2006, the company announced that more than 65,000 new videos were being uploaded every day and the site was receiving 100 million video views per day. In October 2006, Google Inc. announced that it had acquired YouTube for $1.65 billion in Google stock, and the deal was finalized on November 13, 2006.
Why do people love YouTube?
No matter what kind of video you want to watch or post, it’s probably on YouTube. There’s a wide variety of videos available: learning videos, entertainment, comedy, action, music, marketing and much more. Because more than half of the population are visual learners, videos get their message across much more effectively than print messages. They are personal and can be customized and targeted with no creative limit! If you have a business, YouTube is a great tool for getting your product noticed at very little cost. It’s also a great way to provide updated information about new products or services to the same and to new people.
Just after its fifth birthday, YouTube announced that it exceeded two billion video views per day. What a great place to upload your marketing video for your business or product!By including your website address and other information, viewers will then be driven to your website and to a better knowledge of what your business can do for them.
Having your video on YouTube can be great marketing for your business, products, or services because:
1. You can produce short videos of informative tips that can help show off your expertise in your specific area of business. In turn, this will make people interested in visiting your website.
2. You can interact with the YouTube community by subscribing to and leaving comments on other people’s pages and uploading video responses to videos on topics that are related to your business or product. Above all, YouTube is a social utility site and the more your name is out there, the more hits your marketing video is going to receive.
3. You can add your YouTube channel’s website address to marketing materials and other social networking profiles.
4. You can upload customer video testimonial to add to your believability. By making sure that they aren’t too much like an infomercial, they won’t appear insincere.
5. You can show the results of someone using your product or services. This is a great way to bring your product to life.
6. You can let others use your product in their videos and vice versa in order to cross-promote each other. This equals product placement.
7. Your video can advertise your business or product by including your company information, such as your name, URL, phone number and email address in every video. After all, you want people to be able to find your website!
8. You can answer questions using your marketing videos. Most people are visual learners and would appreciate being shown a video instead of reading a FAQ.
9. You can embed your marketing videos on your company’s website on the right pages so that people can find them. You can upload them to YouTube and use them directly on your own website.
10. You may even be able to earn money from your You Tube marketing videos by entering into a partnership with YouTube.
Before the launch of YouTube in 2005, there were very few easy methods available for ordinary computer users who wanted to post videos online. With its simple interface, YouTube made it possible for anyone with an Internet connection to post a video that a worldwide audience could watch within a few minutes. The wide range of topics covered by YouTube has turned video sharing into one of the most important parts of Internet culture.
What if you don’t know anything about making a video...
much less one that will make people want to get to know you better?
Why you should hire a professional for your YouTube marketing video:
* They’ve done their research and their homework. They know what they’re doing.
* They can get the video done in a time-sensitive manner.
* You won’t have to do much more than tell them what you want. How easy is that - for you!
The questions for YOU are...
- Are you SHOWING your customers - and potential customers - what your business can do for them?
- Is your business where your customers - and potential customers - are looking for you?
- What are you waiting for?
Your competitive edge starts NOW.
We’re here to show your customers why your business is what they're looking for!
- © 2011 NOW Marketing Group, Inc.